Multi-Award-Winning Laura I. Art Gallery is hiring a new Marketing and Art Sales Manager.
The Marketing and Art Sales Manager will be in charge of managing all marketing and operations for our gallery’s online and offline presence, reporting to the Gallery Director.
You will be responsible for creating content, managing engagement, tracking progress and executing the plan to achieve specific targets. You will also have the important task of recruiting and managing artists at each stage of the representation, writing engaging content for press and more, and uploading artworks to our online platforms.
As Marketing and Art Sales Manager you will produce a commercial plan that interprets the objectives of the business and maps out the actions and strategies to support the positioning of the gallery. Work with the Gallery Director to continuously align and devise strategies and tactics to retain and grow the business and support revenue maximisation. Utilize this intelligence to develop strategic plans, ensure the gallery remains competitive in the art marketplace and to identify potential businesses to target. Take ownership and responsibility for agreed outputs from these meetings. Ensure targets are achieved in line with the gallery`s strategies and objectives.
The main aim and objective of this role is to help as many artists as possible to succeed, promoting our opportunities, programmes and artists while growing engagement with the wider public.
CAMPAIGNS AND CREATIVE
• Develop and deliver high-profile, impactful digital advertising campaigns (including Google Display and grants, paid social and email) for the Gallery’s high-profile exhibitions, events and commercial activities, to increase engagement and meet visitor targets.
• Oversee and contribute to the creation of impactful and original digital content including blog posts, film, social media and photography with support from the Gallery director
• Be in charge of digital upload and subsequent marketing of the Gallery’s artists, including uploading artists artworks on website, Artsy and other platforms, targeted email campaigns and social media
• Create a reinvigorated e-newsletter strategy with a focus on new sign-ups, retention and engagement
• Lead on and oversee the Gallery’s social media strategy, to drive engagement and sales.
• Manage the Gallery’s main website and any major developments and enhancements
• Project manage developments and upgrades for the Gallery’s sales site, ensuring that user experience is kept in line with leading ecommerce standards.
• Manage the Gallery’s relationship with external agencies responsible for the website, CRM and sales site
• Drive innovation in the Gallery’s approach to customer engagement and income, working with the Gallery’s platforms as well as Google analytics to proactively explore new ideas for segmentation, reporting, personalisation and automation.
• Set and manage the digital marketing budget
• Work with the Head of Communications to develop the Gallery’s audience research and evaluation methods
Marketing Officer performance indicators
• Managing and organising the internal records, systems and platforms (Artlogic, Artsy, Dropbox, Artscapy). Keeping up to date with records while the business is scaling up.
• Timely management of our social media platforms (i.e., inquiries, posts, asset management).
• Seamless management (i.e., time, quality, professionalism) of all queries by clients, suppliers, and third-party gallery partners.
• Execution of key tasks and responsibilities according to the Gallery's protocols and strategy.
• Professional conduct with all clients, suppliers, and artists. Including punctuality and key deliverables pertaining to each segment.
• Feedback on your contributions provided by clients and team members.
• Providing support in line with our business targets and collaborators; while also demonstrating your ability to escalate issues with developers (i.e., Artsy) or website managers as appropriate.
• Demonstrating exceptional communication skills both internally as well as with clients.
• Contributions to internal and external help resources to help make the team more efficient.
• Processing and helping to launch development projects.
Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written. This includes the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and thoughts and to write professional, written business correspondence in line with established communication guidelines. Diplomacy and empathy are key skills for success in this area.
Self-motivated with a professional character. Someone that thrives on human interactions, especially in the gallery and in person, and has a desire to help find the best solutions to challenges for both the company and our clients. Results-driven personality.
Excellent project management and organisational skills with the company's systems and platforms. Delivers projects on time at high quality.
Exceptional client management skills, with the ability to adeptly balance client and company interests sensitively, diplomatically and cost-effectively.
Team player who is equally able to focus and remain productive in their role autonomously (this can mean working off-site or alone at the gallery) while also supporting the larger team with their specialist knowledge. The ability to work collaboratively across teams is essential.
Someone who can manage a high level of responsibility under pressure.
A creative problem solver who enjoys looking at issues from all sides and investigating problems analytically to find the most complete answer for our clients.
Ability to focus intelligently on tasks and, not only see the wider picture of priorities but also how we could make improvements to existing processes and systems (this person will be key to efficiently managing the galleries systems).
This is a highly trusted position giving you access to our clients' live data systems so that our clients can be given the highest level of service. Your integrity and discretion must be unquestionable given the confidential and mission-critical nature of our client's data.
Good knowledge of the art market with a strong understanding of the commercial needs of galleries, artists and collectors.
Passion for contemporary art and a high degree of art-history / trends literacy, familiarity with key art institutions and practices.
Ability to understand the value of asking questions and listening to prospective clients when they are in sales situations
Sales Performance Indicators eligible for Commissions
• Revenue produced per each exhibition and quarter
• Number of sales produced by walk in's to the gallery (new clients), number of sales produced by the existing database (existing clients), and number of sales produced by your own database (and/or ability to create your own client list).
• Number of new partnerships produced and onboarded.
• Communication skills, specifically as related to sharing art knowledge with clients and walk-ins on the gallery floor and online, how well enquiries and questions are handled in real-time, and success in how many leads and enquires are converted into sales.
• Number of repeat sales to new and existing clients.
• Follow-ups and key materials are given in a timing and appropriate manner.
• Creating sales proposals, and hosting online and physical pitches for our products to new and existing clients and partners.
Social media savvy (experienced as an influencer), Computer literate. Indesign skills, Photoshop, would be a bonus.
Marketing qualification Attended marketing courses Degree level or equivalent Practical experience in Marketing
SALARY: £9.50 National Minimum Wage to begin with. As soon as you achieve marketing/sales targets your salary will increase from £10 per hour to £25 per hour.
3 months probation
Benefits: Commission on sales on profit up to 10%.
Working hours: 18 hours per week, three days a week with the possibility of becoming a full-time job.