This job has now Expired!!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Salamandra is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join the team and help deliver more of our fantastic work. Working from a brief, we will need you to provide creative input and produce best-in- class layout design, illustration and asset creation for animation, at speed and volume. You will have excellent illustration and graphic design skills, and an impressive online portfolio of work to back this up.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to join a diverse, fast-paced, creative and dynamic team. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
We expect a good level of knowledge on Illustration and Graphic design, allowing you to lead and take full ownership of a Design project from start to finish when required.
You should possess strong communication skills and must be able to take ownership of your own projects and initiatives. You will also work closely with other team members and make decisions on new technologies ways of designing.
It goes without saying that pro-activity, creativity and commitment, are some of the key traits we would expect. While we work in an agile environment where everyone proactively helps each other, we also expect you to be able to be independent enough regarding each project and tasks you will be assigned. Bearing in mind that a company’s success is always down to its employees, and of course a start-up like ours is no different, we do expect you to be very dedicated, ensuring that not only do you work hard towards your personal development, but also towards the company’s success.
- Taking briefs from the team or directly from clients
- Developing graphics or illustrations from briefs and concepts
- Providing creative solutions to clearly illustrate complex learning or concepts
- Creation of a variety of branded graphic content, including brand collateral, infographics, presentations, and guidelines
- Aid in asset creation for animation, including characters, backgrounds, text based graphics, product illustrations and infographic elements
- Experience with image creation, editing and layout, in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements
- Working as part of a broader production team, which might include collaborating with copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives or website designers
PREFERABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Proficiency on both Mac and PC
- Traditional Illustration skills
- Experience in 3D design (or an interest in!)
How to apply